Man accused of sexually assaulting child
Posted/updated on: April 2, 2025 at 3:39 pmRUSK COUNTY – Our news partner, KETK, reports that a man has been arrested after allegedly sexually assaulting a child family member, multiple times a week for almost two years in Rusk County.
According to the arrest affidavit, on March 24 deputies took a report from a woman that her daughter had been sexually assaulted by a family member starting when she was eight and reportedly stopped in February 2023.
The document said during a forensic interview the child explained that the abuse started when she was eight but almost nine which would have been around the summer of 2021, and that the acts took place two or three times a week.The affidavit said February 2023 was the last time the child remembered it happening because it was at another family members home in Price.
The victim said she was sexually assaulted at the RV trailer of Humberto Martinez in Price most times.
After the interview, the victim made a third party consent call to the suspect where he made āincriminating statementsā that placed him at risk of prosecution, the document said.
Martinez was arrested on March 26 for continuous sex abuse of a child under 14, and an ICE detainee.
He is being held on a $100,000 bond at the Rusk County Jail.